Thursday, February 4, 2010

"Sprinkling" Valentine's around our Home!

Simple "Valentine" decorations.. Crayon shavings on wax paper... So pretty in the "Sunlight"....




I love "Valentine's Day"... I have been having fun sprinkling the house with the colors of 'Valentine's". This was a fun easy craft to do with my son, Kenny..

I put down some Kraft paper and used a pencil sharpener (Cheap one) and peeled off the paper off the crayons and just shaved a way.. I used Red, Yellow, Pink, burgundy, Rose, Crayola crayons. Shave on Wax paper.. Then I put another piece of wax paper on and covered with another piece of Kraft paper.. Then used my iron on dry heat and made sure I didn't get any crayons on the iron.. Then I cut into Heart shapes..
I have more to share . I love this Holiday and love all the colors that are used. I hope you don't get sick of my sharing. It doesn't take much to create simple and fun ideas. Always fun to get the kids involved.



Have fun "Sprinkling" "LOVE"... this "Valentine's Day" !!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute hearts !! How easy too, I'll have to remember that one !!

Scrapally said...

Keep sharing! I love seeing your creative and fun things! I love the month of love too! I better hurry and start sprinkling!!

The Little Miss said...

thats a really pretty idea!!! I found all the items you gave me last year!!! Beautiful . I have a box of stuff for you!!! need to get it off...email me:)

april o. said...

Love those. Now I just have to think of where the crayons we have collected are. I was looking at my sweet Valentine box just yesterday.

Grandmotherfairy said...

I will have to try that one with grandkids...thanks for your ideas!

Unknown said...

i remember making that art in school. I have thought of it often. The project I remember was with autumn leaves...then the crayon shavings...i remember it like it was yesterday and yet....IT WASN'T...more like 40 years ago!!