Tuesday, May 18, 2010

"A gift from a Neighbor"


Let me tell you about this : Our Sweet neighbor we use to live next door to for the 10 years
we lived in our last home, just lost his sweet heart of 60 years.. She was a beautiful, sweet woman that had suffered for quite some years.. Our Neighbor a kind, spiritual Man has been
a loving neighbor. Always looking to serve his fellow neighbors.

A few weeks after she died, he called us and wanted my Husband and I to come over.. So, we
did and he told me he wanted me to pick out things of hers that I would like to have. I was very humbled. She had everything so organized and she had all her clothing in bags and all dry cleaned and so neat. She had a lot of clothes.. So many... I felt a little funny but, I knew it meant a lot to him to share his sweetheart's stuff with me. I picked out some lovely scarfs, sweaters, some shoes and some really cool vintage dresses and a great trench coat..

When I saw this lovely nightgown I knew that I wanted to have it.. Not to wear it.. just to keep.
It is from the 1950's.. I have seen them on Ebay.. A really pretty Vintage Nightgown..(
Odette Barsa was a quality lingerie maker. The label was formed in 1943, and belonged to the Fresoeur Corporation. Odette Barsa was an actual person, but to date, nothing has been found out about her).


When I left, I felt very humbled and honored. What a lovely tribute and reminder of a sweetheart of a neighbor... God Bless them both!

2 comments:

Grandmotherfairy said...

How beautiful...I can't wait to see more pictures!

Alisa Noble said...

Oh, how beautiful Caleen!