Thursday, November 13, 2008

" Hey, Let's take a drive..."

Loved this old 'MOTEL' sign...
Now if this didn't get our attention... Wow.. it was worth just to take a picture.. funny, I love Thrift stores and didn't even go inside.. Oh, but there is a Next time!
Bass Lake near Oakhurst.. Lake is pretty dry this time of year..
Bass Lake.. A great place to come and swim, boat, ski, fish, vacation..
when there is water....
A decorative Lantern I spruced up to put in my craft room.
I got the idea from the Sweet Six Studio Tutorial.. I just used Lace, ribbons, old flowers, jewelry... I got the paper lantern from a party store...

Oakhurst is located about 1 hour from my Home.. Oakhurst is a town on the way to Yosemite.. It has a great small town feel but, there is
a lot to do there. There are Antique shops, thrift stores, movie theater, shopping, Bass Lake nearby.. The beautiful Mountains and thick forest as the back drop. They are known for their Wooden carved bears and they are spotted throughout the town.. They have a great Craft faire
and other entertainment and festivals. It is a fun getaway and it is a easy drive.. We went for half of the day on Monday and we had a nice time..

1 comment:

Unknown said...

fun. maybe me and you can take a drive soon. i need to see new sights. good pictures! i miss you my friend.