Friday, August 28, 2009

"Embroidery 101"





These are some fun pictures
from flickr.com.
Enjoy!!!










I have decided to pick up an old favorite craft..
"EMBROIDERY"
I first learned to embroider at the age of 11 years old.
In our church class as young girls... We were called the
"Merrie Miss".. I had to embroider a scripture on a banner
that we made with all our medallions we earned.

I picked up this book "Doodle Stitching" by Aimee Ray..

I am excited to get started stitching some fun things.

Flickr.com has lots of great photos of this great
Craft.

Have a Lovely weekend.. I am going to go watch my
Son, "Ryan" perform in "High school Musical 2" tonight.!
More news to share on Monday!!!
(A hint!)
Aloha!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

♥miss~mattie♥ said...

I LOVE ALL OF THOSE PICS SOOO MUCH!!!!! I really like the 6th picture. Its soo cute. It would go with my blog... HEHE!!!!
ToOtLeS ♥

Scrapally said...

Those are great pics! I too learned to embroide when I was about 12. I still have the two Holly Hobby pictures that I did way back then. Have fun with your new but old craft! And I know what your surprise is! :) happy for you!

kelly said...

I love the doodling embroidery!

mIzZ (hONeY) bEe aka Marlene said...

Hi Caleen!...I love the doodling embroidery - it looks like oodles of fun...have an awesome time at your son's play - oh & I hope your other news has something to do about an island...have a honey of a night - sweet dreams! grace & peace 2 "U" Marlene