Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"What's Cooking??? Dyeing Lace... Without the Tea !


This is 7 Gypsies crystal die.. I use it for paper projects and thought I would try it out on my old lace... I didn't use tea this time because I didn't have any.. I have used it before for dyeing and it works great..

This is an old white lace tablecloth that was aged and old.. And I am using it for something else! All about "Reuse" "Repurpose"!

What's in the Pot??? You guessed.. I am dyeing the white Lace..


I am so glad my family didn't taste this concoction !! I had it sit in this pot for a few days.. My Family thought I was a little crazy!!


Hey... I'm back!! I couldn't wait any longer.. I missed you all!!

So.. here are a few fun articles to check out about Tea Staining..
1. Ezinearticles.com
2. Ehow.com
3. Thriftyfun.com

How to Dye Cotton Doilies Using Tea
By Jonae Fredericks, eHow Editor

If your white cotton doilies are in need of a change, or show signs of yellowing that you are finding difficult to remove, dying them with tea may be the solution. Instead of throwing away the cotton doilies, you can breathe new life into them by dipping them in a tea solution. This treatment will deepen their color and give them a beautiful new beige tone, or even a color as deep as caramel. Even if you have decided to go with a new antique look to your décor, there is no need to replace your existing cotton doilies when you can color them with tea.


Later.. I will show you what I plan to do with this lace.. Stay Tuned :)

8 comments:

Jan said...

Oh what fun Caleen. Love that look.

Grandmotherfairy said...

I can't wait to see what you are doing....what fun. Glad that you are back!!!

Scrapally said...

Welcome back! We missed you! I too can't wait to see what you are creating...and BTW...Brook and Bobby are in our neice's ward in Rocklin! found that out at our McKinney reunion this last weekend. Small world huh? My niece saw my blog address on Brooke's blog and said, huh? :)

Unknown said...

Way Cool my friend !! Missed you and am hoping to see you this week!! We have some way cool things for you that DeeAnn and I found for you when we went yard saleing !! I am skipping around cuz you're back !! Love Ya R

The Little Miss said...

great idea u clever girl. I wish I was there...I want to have fun dying stuff...heeh I hope we can make it to the rose bowl together. im excited

Brooke said...

Mom! I gave you an award! Look at my blog! :)

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Cool tips girl!
I have a HUGE stack of vintage linens and lace just waiting for me to bathe them in dye...can I just send them to you since you have your pot already ready???
;)
everything vintage

The Nostalgia Fairy said...

Hi Caleen,
I am intrigued by what you are doing here - such fun. I use tea to dye lace usually so I can't wait to see how this turns out:)