Wednesday, April 15, 2009

"Highlights of Easter 2009"


















I know, Easter is over.. but, I thought I would show what we do every year the day
before Easter. We drive up to the hills about 30 min. drive from our home and go to
my Sister in Law's, Parents home.. They have become our Grandma and Grandpa.. We have
done this for about 16 years or so.. We have missed some years but, it really is a
fun time and a highlight for the kids. The hills are beautiful at this time of year.
The flowers and grasses are so colorful.. There is always a great potluck, easter egg
hunt and dessert. Also, hiking, exploring in the hills and just relaxing. I have
really enjoyed this tradition.. We usually have about 30 or so that come. It has
been a great memory to our children and we have grown to love and appreciate our
extended Family..

We had a "suprise" visit from our daughter, Brooke,hubby, Bobby and Grandson, Parker.
It was fun to have them here with us enjoying Easter. Our sweet friend, Madisen took all the pictures.. I forgot my camera.. (dumb!) I am grateful to her for taking so
many pictures of my kids... I have taken all the Easter decor down and cleaned and
tided up the house.. My Daughters, Brooke, Jenni and I went thrift store shopping and
had lots of fun. We found some great treasures. I hope you had an
enjoyable Easter too.. Have a great week!!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and it looks like you had a lot of fun !!

Jenn said...

Oh, all those sweet faces, and that rose, and that grass....and, and and and!! Looks fabulously fun!

Alisa Noble said...

What a lovely tradition, Caleen! Everyone looks so happy!

The Little Miss said...

soooo sweet! Im glad they were all there to visit and Parker had fun with his easter eggs...how special...u are blessed

Kara Ward said...

You have such a lovely family....so much joy they bring. Wish you lived closure-we would have so much fun together. Kara