Thursday, July 31, 2008

"Come on, Have a Sense of Humor"!



One of my favorite Humorous Writers was Erma Bombeck. She is my
first real recollection as a kid of reading some of her quotes and written work.
My Mother really liked her. She had some of her books in our home. My Mother believed that a person really needs to look at the lighter side of things. My Mother was a
positive person. She read the Comic section everyday. She liked to smile :), laugh and enjoy Life. She told me her Grandparents were very positive people and never said a cross-word to anyone. I believe my Father can attest to that. My Sister and I and my Mother loved the same type of television shows when we were kids. "Lucille Ball" was
one of our favorites. I remember laughing a lot with my Mother.

Gordon B. Hinckley quoted: "We need to have a little humor in our lives. We better take seriously that which should be taken seriously, but at the same time we can bring in a touch of humor now and again. If the time ever comes when we can't smile at ourselves, it will be a sad time."

We have all had hard times in our lives and there have been serious situations that have affected us. Yet, I know it is how we deal with it that helps us "heal" and get through the pain. Light-heartedness can put troublesome situations into perspective.
We all have hard times in our lives, but it is the Journey to "better times" is what makes us happier, stronger individuals.

Erma Bombeck said it well.."If Life is a bowl of cherries, then what am I doing in the Pits"! It is all in our "attitudes" and how we "LOOK" at Life... So, come on...
Laugh out loud, blow bubbles, run through the sprinklers, wrestle with your kids,
Have fun.... "A merry heart maketh a cheerful countenance." Proverbs 15:13

A blessed "Thank-You" to my "Family" for letting me see the Lighter,side of life!!
"YOU ROCK"!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jan said...

Caleen. I love the spirit of this post. Loved it. It really reminds me of my family alot too. I was taught to be light and happy, but work hard and be serious when needed.

It is the only thing I can think of to really lay the burdens down quicker. Besides the Lord of course.

Take care and have a fun time with your family. Your smile is beautiful. So glad you are using it more these days.

Ele at abitofpinkheaven said...

What a great picture. I had a "laughing" day yesterday with a couple of teenage girls. You are right, it felt so good. Too many times we forget what God created is good. The glass is half full.